This type of projection is a simplified form of the mapping technique. A prefabricated effect video is projected onto the wall using a projector.
Customer application images
In general, almost any projector is suitable. Here are a few specs we recommend:
- min. 800×480 pixel
- min. 1000 ANSI-lumens/2000 lumens
Finde more specs and tips at the buyer’s guide for projectors – Start advisor
What you need here depends on the projector.
- USB Stick/SD-Card: Most TVs today can play videos from USB sticks/SD-Cards. Therefore you do not necessarily need a media player/computer.
- MediaPlayer: Can be very handy if you want to start your setup with a timer. Or want to do something like motion sensors. You can find a list of recommended media players here.
- Laptop/PC: Most of them have a laptop or PC at home and are therefore a good and free alternative before you buy a MediaPlayer.
1x Set of speakers (optional)
Of course, you can also use the projector’s internal speakers. But with small $5 PC speakers, not only will the sound come directly from the projection, but it will sound better in many cases. Keep in mind that you may need an extension wire for AUX and power for the speakers. Bluetooth speakers will also work, but we would also recommend using these by cable, as a cable connection is more stable, easier to set up, works directly, and often with Bluetooth there are slight shifts between picture and sound.
You didn’t have to buy a wall, but early thoughts about which wall you want to use are recommended.
1x Effect video (at least one single video, better one set)
Price (total): $29
Price (per min): $4.69
Three poltergeists have discovered a portal from the underworld into this earthly realm at your home!
Terrors from Beyond
Price (total): $39
Price (per min): $6.02
Demonic creatures in four horrifying hues will stop at nothing to break into our earthly plane. Woe unto us if they succeed!
Price (total): $15
Price (per min): $6
Messages and handprints mysteriously appear from nowhere in the Blood Walls Decoration Collection.
Creepy Crawlies 2
Price (total): $15
Price (per min): $1.67
Make your Halloween guests' skin crawl with a hair-raising swarm of animated tarantulas, snakes, rats and cockroaches.
Find more and suitable videos on your topic in the purchase advisor – Start advisor
- Buy a projector
- Buy the effect video (One set is enough for the beginning)
There are many themes for digital decoration. Therefore, we recommend you to use our buyers advisor to find the set that best suits your application.
- Download the scenes for the Wall-Mode
Note: In many sets, a direct download of the intended projection type is not provided, instead it is sorted by horizontal and vertical files. In this case, the videos for the projection type you have in mind are located in an appropriately named folder in the downloaded ZIP directory.
- Unzip the ZIP file(s)
Windows: Right click on the ZIP file => Select “Extract All…”. => Follow the dialog
- Transfer the Videos from the folder to an USB stick or SD card which you put into the projector/mediaplayer
Note: Of course you can also use your laptop or PC to play the videos
- Put the projector in front of the Wall and start the video
- Align the projector so that its image best fills the projection surface
- Enjoy how your guests are delighted
Tips and Tricks
A projector that stands exposed is not only not weather-protected, but usually also does not look good. We therefore recommend to hide the projector. This can be in a small box with a hole or a hollowed out tombstone. Your creativity has no limits here! But don’t forget that the warm air has to come out somewhere!
This is quite easy. You just need more light sources! Just take 1-2 candles or a small weak spotlight / lantern to illuminate the background so far that it has no influence on your projection, but covers up the rectangle (black image from the projector).
The videos are only available in English on the AtmosFX website. But thanks to the AtmosFX Translator project by timofischerprojects.com they are now also available in German. You can find more information here.
You have more questions? Then post them in the comments or contact us via the contact form!