The Prop Mode is about bringing an object or three-dimensional shape to life with a projector. Similar to the mapping of houses. The best known example here are the pumpkins. Less known but at least as good is the 3DFX technique from AtmosFX. This technique is used in sets such as BooCrew, Witching Hour, Macabre Manor, some Christmas sets, etc.
Customer application images
In general, almost any projector is suitable. Here are a few specs we recommend:
- min. 800×480 pixel
- min. 1000 ANSI-lumens/2000 lumens
Finde more specs and tips at the buyer’s guide for projectors – Start advisor
What you need here depends on the projector.
- USB Stick/SD-Card: Most TVs today can play videos from USB sticks/SD-Cards. Therefore you do not necessarily need a media player/computer.
- MediaPlayer: Can be very handy if you want to start your setup with a timer. Or want to do something like motion sensors. You can find a list of recommended media players here.
- Laptop/PC: Most of them have a laptop or PC at home and are therefore a good and free alternative before you buy a MediaPlayer.
1x Set of speakers (optional)
Of course, you can also use the projector’s internal speakers. But with small $5 PC speakers, not only will the sound come directly from the projection, but it will sound better in many cases. Keep in mind that you may need an extension wire for AUX and power for the speakers. Bluetooth speakers will also work, but we would also recommend using these by cable, as a cable connection is more stable, easier to set up, works directly, and often with Bluetooth there are slight shifts between picture and sound.
1-3x 3DFX Props (depends on the set)
You need at least one figure. With some sets, such as the BooCrew, you can alternatively use three. If you do not want to spend money, you can also project the figures simply on the wall.
1x Effect video (at least one single video, better one set)
Price (total): $39
Price (per min): $2.49
Full of songs, playful banter and an occasional good-natured scare, Boo Crew's spirits embody the Halloween spirit - full of mirth and mischief.
Price (total): $39
Price (per min): $1.02
A ghastly gathering of ghouls, specters, and poltergeists reaches from beyond the grave to spread the Halloween spirit.
Price (total): $39
Price (per min): $3.15
Make a spellbinding visit deep into a witch's lair, where bats, black cats and ravens toil through the night.
Find more and suitable videos on your topic in the purchase advisor – Start advisor
- Buy a projector
- Buy 3DFX-Prop(s)
Find more information in the material list
- Buy the effect video (One set is enough for the beginning)
There are many themes for digital decoration. Therefore, we recommend you to use our buyers advisor to find the set that best suits your application.
- Download the scenes for the 3DFX-Mode
Note: In many sets, a direct download of the intended projection type is not provided, instead it is sorted by horizontal and vertical files. In this case, the videos for the projection type you have in mind are located in an appropriately named folder in the downloaded ZIP directory.
- Unzip the ZIP file
Windows: Right click on the ZIP file => Select “Extract All…”. => Follow the dialog
- Transfer the Videos from the folder to an USB stick or SD card which you put into the projector/mediaplayer
Note: Of course you can also use your laptop or PC to play the videos
- Place the props in a suitable place where your visitors can see them well
We’ll explain the best way to do this in the Tips and Tricks section below
- Put the projector in front of the props and start the video
- Align the projector so that its image best fills the projection surface
- Enjoy how your guests are delighted
Tips and Tricks
A projector that stands exposed is not only not weather-protected, but usually also does not look good. We therefore recommend to hide the projector. This can be in a small box with a hole or a hollowed out tombstone. Your creativity has no limits here! But don’t forget that the warm air has to come out somewhere!
This is quite easy. You just need more light sources! Just take 1-2 candles or a small weak spotlight / lantern to illuminate the background so far that it has no influence on your projection, but covers up the rectangle (black image from the projector).
The videos are only available in English on the AtmosFX website. But thanks to the AtmosFX Translator project by timofischerprojects.com they are now also available in German. You can find more information here.
You have more questions? Then post them in the comments or contact us via the contact form!